In order to get certified as a Certified Action Learning Coach, every participant is required to take on the challenge of being an Action Learning Coach for at least one session. A dedicated Senior or Master Action Learning Coach (SALC/MALC) works with every Action Learning team formed during CALC1 and CALC2 workshops. This provides an intensive and exceptionally rich feedback process for trainees when they take on the coaching role.
The CALC program comprises of two sessions, CALC1 and CALC2.
CALC1 focuses on advanced coaching methods. Content presentations and discussions address the following issues from each of Action Learning team:
- Developing complete problem statements including root issues and solution goals;
- Aligning questions with the stage of the problem-solving process;
- Dealing with typical group dynamics issues that face problem-solving teams.
CALC2 focuses on the organisational issues that must be addressed to implement a successful Action Learning program. Content presentations and discussions address the following issues from each of Action Learning team:
- Contracting issues;
- Putting together a program development team;
- Designing the program;
- Identifying problems for solution;
- Forming teams;
- Building and maintaining team morale and motivation;
- Maintaining senior management involvement and support;
- Fostering the culture of Action Learning in the organisation.
This program is designed for:
- Professionals who want to become certified Action Learning Coaches within their organisations;
- Independent coaches and consultants who wish to become certified in Action Learning.
The CALC program uses the same basic approach learnt and used in the Foundations of Action Learning workshop, interspersing concepts and practice.
- Introduction to Action Learning Coaching
- History and Background of Action Learning
- Benefits of Action Learning
- Concepts behind Coaching
- Power of Action Learning
- Two Ground Rules of Action Learning
- Six Components of Action Learning
- Action Learning coaching demonstration and feedback
- Action Learning practice - Coaching, Observation and Feedback (multiple sessions)
- Holistic Problem-Solving through Action Learning
- Roles of Action Learning Coaches, members, Problem Presenter
- Action Learning and Systems Thinking
- Action Learning and Leader Development
- Implementing Action Learning in Organisations
- Reflection and Conclusion
- Developing coach competencies
At the end of the CALC workshops, the participants can have the understanding of:
- How to ask questions that are aligned with the team's problem solving and team development stage;
- How to handle dysfunctional team behaviour;
- Be able to participate in an Action Learning team;
- How to embed the Action Learning process successfully in the organisation;
- How to sell and manage the Action Learning process within their organisation.
WIAL UK will conduct in-house facilitation and training on the CALC Workshops for your organisations. The required CALC1 and CALC2 workshops can be arranged in a number of configurations to meet the objectives and needs of your organisations. This is an excellent method for inspiring and guiding participants to meet the requirements of CALC certification. All the basics of Action Learning and intensive engagement for gaining coaching experience are key success factors to improving potential coaches' capabilities to influence and inspire peers, build highly effective teams and facilitate the development of learning organisations.
To learn more about our in-house training or to set up a coaching program in your organisations, please do not hesitate to contact us.