The Action Learning Foundations (ALF) is a 2-day training course that assists participants in progressing towards becoming a Certified Action Learning Coach (CALC). In this course, participants are introduced to the concept of “leaders as coaches” as they cover the six key components and the two ground rules of action learning.
The course will cover:
- The six components of action learning and the two ground rules
- The role of action learning and the basis for coaching
- Understand the role of the action learning coach in developing leaders
- A framework for asking powerful questions
- How questions develop leaders through emotional intelligence, building teams, seeing organisations as systems and through organisational change and learning
- Communication styles and active listening
- The role of feedback
This is a practical, experiential course that will use the participants’ real workplace challenges to develop leadership skills needed in a changing, dynamic workplace, and to develop the skills to be competent, and confident action learning coach. Each participant will practice being an action learning coach and a member of an action learning group.
This program is for:
- Practicing coaches who want to develop team based coaching skills;
- Organisational and development professionals;
- Organisational members who want to develop leadership skills and move their teams and organisations toward performance;
- Organisational culture and change agents who want to facilitate and empower intact teams to be more innovative and strategic;
- Human resources professionals who want to increase their strategic value as business partners.