What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit our Channels or when you view advertisements we have placed on other Channels. Cookies allow your browser to remember some specific information for us to know about how users interact with our Channels. The cookies that we use help us with anonymised, aggregated technical information to improve our Channels. This is principally so that we can make sure that our Channels are easy to navigate, identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally improve the Channels and our services. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer’s memory while some may expire or disappear.
Examples of uses of cookies may include, but not be limited to,
- To improve site security by “authenticating” you, that is, verifying that you are who you claim to be, when you sign-in to our Channels;
- To manage our marketing relationships;
- To give you better online experience track performance of our Channels;
- To help us make our Channels more relevant to you by keeping track of your specified preferences such as language, time zone, and timeouts after periods of inactivity;
- To allow you to navigate our Channels more easily by “remembering” your identity so that you do not have to input your password multiple times as you move between pages or services.
- To conduct research and analytics to improve our Channels and our products and services, which includes compiling statistical information concerning, among other things, the frequency of your use of our Channels, the pages visited and the length of each visit;
- To display advertisements when you visit the Channels of third parties with whom we have marketing relationships and to help us gauge the effectiveness of our advertising effort. These parties may gather information concerning your use of other Channels and provide us with de-identified information about you, such as demographic information or the names of Channels where you have been shown ads, which we may use to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising.
When you accessed this Channels our cookies were sent to your web browser and stored on your computer. If you wish to remove them, you can manage this via the settings on your browser, but note that this may impact your ability to utilise this and other web sites. The way to clear cookies varies from one browser to another. You should look in the “help” menu of your web browser for full instructions. For your reference, please click the following links for details on how to manage cookies in each of the major web browsers:
- Google Chrome (http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&amp;answer=95647)
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/278835)
- Mozilla Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
- Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/)
- Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042)
- Safari for iPad and iPhone (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)