Either CALC or PALC who have a strong desire to teach others to be Action Learning Coaches can consider to achieve the Senior Action Learning Coach (SALC) level. SALC are expected not only to coach Action Learning teams but also to frequently develop an affiliate or a chapter to an affiliate in a given region.
- The CALC or PALC status in good standing;
- At least a hundred hours of documented Action Learning coaching experience spanning a minimum of 2 years;
- Co-leading with MALC the Foundations, CALC (CALC1 and CALC2) workshops;
- At least one longer-term project that spans weeks or even months;
- Ability to give participants feedback related to their skills as an Action Learning Coach;
- Ability to use and explain the certification instrument for purpose of critiquing the participants.
This level is designed for:
Throughout the application for SALC, the coach should have:
After achieving the SALC qualification, you will:
- be qualified to coach Action Learning teams within organisations;
- be capable of managing Action Learning coaching workshops;
- be authorised to lead the WIAL Foundations, CALC (CALC1 and CALC2) workshops;
- be authorised to mentor CALCs and PALCs;
- be authorised to use the WIAL brand in all marketing materials;
- become a member of a large and growing community of Action Learning Coaches.
Summary of WIAL Certification Requirements for SALC
|Participate in Foundations||Yes|
|Participate in CALC (CALC1 and CALC2)||Yes|
|WIAL Talk||Not Required|
|Project||1 long-term project; minimum 4 sessions over several weeks|
|Minimum Hours Experience||100 (50 coaching)|
|Lead CALC (CALC1 and CALC2)||Yes|