Becoming a Certified Action Learning Coach (CALC) enhances professional skills, increases organisational vale and can lead you to career advancement. This certification program gives participants skills and experience they need to excel as Action Learning Coaches in a variety of challenging situations. After attending the Foundations of Action Learning Workshop, Participants will be required to attend two 2-day CALC Workshops: CALC1 and CALC2, and conduct several Action Learning sessions independently to gain experience from classes in order to get certified.
- Completion of Foundations of Action Learning workshop
- A reflection paper describing an Action Learning project that must reach at least the stage where the Action Learning team defines and develops for implementing solutions.
This program is designed for:
- Professionals who want to become certified Action Learning Coaches within their organisations;
- Independent coaches and consultants who wish to become certified in Action Learning.
At the end of the CALC, the participants can have the understanding of:
- How to ask questions that are aligned with the team's problem solving and team development stage;
- How to handle dysfunctional team behaviour;
- How to embed the Action Learning process successfully in the organisation;
- How to sell and manage the Action Learning process within their organisation.
After achieving the CALC qualification, you will:
- be qualified to coach Action Learning teams within organisations;
- be capable of managing Action Learning coaching workshops;
- be authorised to use the WIAL brand in all marketing materials;
- become a member of a large and growing community of Action Learning Coaches.
Summary of WIAL Certification Requirements for CALC
|Participate in Foundations||Yes|
|Participate in CALC (CALC1 and CALC2)||Yes|
|WIAL Talk||Minimum 5 Scenarios|
|Project||Minimum two 90-minute sessions at least one getting to solution|
|Minimum Hours Experience||Nil|
|Lead CALC (CALC1 and CALC2)||No|