Achieving Excellence through Action Learning
- Action learning is truly an exciting and awesome tool for individuals, teams and organisations struggling for success in the 21st century.
Learning = P + Q + R
- Insightful questions resulting in actionable answers to mission-critical problems makes us improved.
Action Learning Boosts Team Dynamics
- Action learning bridges the gap between the experience individuals have in a learning environment and their ability to transfer the learning to their work environment.
List of Events in 2018
|Action Learning Introduction in Peterborough (half-day)||24 Mar 2018 (Sat)||09:00 - 13:00||£180||See Details|
|Action Learning Introduction in Cambridge (half-day)||31 Mar 2018 (Sat)||09:00 - 13:00||£180||See Details|
|Action Learning Introduction in Milton Keynes (half-day)||7 Apr 2018 (Sat)||09:00 - 13:00||£180||See Details|
|Action Learning Introduction in London (half-day)||14 Apr 2018 (Sat)||09:00 - 13:00||£180||See Details|
|Action Learning Foundations in London (2-day)||30 Apr - 1 May 2018||09:00 - 17:00||£720||See Details|
|Action Learning Certification Program in London (5-day)||30 Apr - 4 May 2018||09:00 - 17:00||£1,800||See Details|
|Action Learning Foundations in London (2-day)||2 Jul - 3 Jul 2018||09:00 - 17:00||£720||See Details|
|Action Learning Certification Program in London (5-day)||2 Jul - 6 Jul 2018||09:00 - 17:00||£1,800||See Details|
Upcoming Certification Programs
WIAL UK is one of the international affiliates of the World Institute for Action Learning (WIAL). We support the vision and strategy of WIAL, promotes Action Learning and contribute to the communities of practice of Action Learning in the United Kingdom through forums, certification programs and workshops, giving credentials to individuals meeting specific competence requirements, professional coaching, research, thought leadership, action learning recognition for individuals and organisations, publications and other initiatives.
WIAL UK's missions include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting WIAL and WIAL Action Learning as a brand at major learning and development events in the United Kingdom;
- Developing Certified Action Learning Coaches and build the Action Learning community through certification programs, coaching workshops, forums, conferences, seminars, newsletters, engagement through social media platforms, and learning interventions endorsed by WIAL;
- Promoting and heightening awareness and acceptance of Action Learning to foster the development of Action Learning;
- Providing ongoing formal and informal mentoring and coaching support for individuals, teams and organisations through various levels of engagement in the United Kingdom;
- Contributing to the local community by offering volunteering Action Learning services to local not-for-profit organisations;
- Sharing UK-specific Action Learning best practice and promote networking with WIAL Affiliates outside the United Kingdom;
- Cooperating and facilitating regular communications with other Affiliates outside the United Kingdom.
The World Institute for Action Learning (WIAL), as the unique brand of Action Learning, is founded by the father of Action Learning, Dr. Michael Marquardt, to be an international non-profit organisation dedicated to the growth and advancement of Action Learning in government, public and private sector organisations. WIAL UK is one of the international affiliates supporting WIAL to contribute to the communities of Action Learning in the United Kingdom.
As the only certifying body for Action Learning, WIAL provides training and certification courses and sponsors Action Learning forums in the United States, Europe and Asia.
WIAL is the Unique Institute and Certifying Body in Action Learning in the World
Action Learning solves problems and develops leaders simultaneously because its simple rules force participants to think critically and work collaboratively. Action Learning is particularly effective for solving complex problems that may appear unsolvable. It elevates the norms, the collaboration, the creativity, and the courage of groups that solve problems of great urgency to the organisation.
The Action Learning Coach assists the team members in reflecting not only only their problem but also on the elevation of their group functioning as well as focusing on examples of their leadership skills. In this way, Action Learning participants become effective leaders as they solve difficult problems.
Action Learning positions inquiry at the core of organisational behaviour, develops critical thinking and creates mutual respect among employees at all levels. The focus on inquiry elevates the group interaction to a true learning environment.
Power of Action Learning
Not only can action learning create constant learning opportunities for people and teams, but also improve the culture and morale for learning in organisations.